What sports can increase male fertility?

What sports can increase male fertility?

What sports can increase male fertility?

Advertiser

What sports can increase male fertility?

Not everyone who has a hard time having children is infertile. If you are called infertile or infertile, this means you have not been able to produce offspring after one year of unprotected sex. This is experienced by about one in eight couples. At present infertility has been categorized as a disease by the World Health Organization (WHO), the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).

What causes a man to be infertile?

About 90 percent of male infertility is caused by low sperm count or low sperm quality, while the remaining 10 percent is caused by structural abnormalities, hormonal imbalances, genetics, and other things. Although many studies have focused on the importance of a woman to keep her body pregnant, some studies have also focused on the importance for men to keep their body condition healthy.

Recent research shows that exercise can improve the quality and quantity of sperm in men who were less active,

Exercise affects sperm quality

In a study, scientists studied the effect of four types of exercise on sperm quality in 261 men for 6 months. The participants were divided into four groups, namely the group that did not exercise, the group exercising heavily three times a week on a treadmill, the group exercising moderate intensity three times a week for 30 minutes with the treandmill, and the group exercising with heavy intensity three times a week for 1 hour without breaking up with a treadmill.

The researchers took their sperm samples before, during, and after a period of 6 months of research to assess sperm movement, the number, size, shape, volume, and markers of inflammation contained in it.

As a result, after 24 weeks, the group that was exercising with moderate intensity had the best development, even though the other two groups exercising also experienced improvement compared to the group that did not exercise. However, this improvement will return to its original level if the men stop exercising for one week.

What kind of exercise is better to make men more fertile?

Researchers think that even though six months of weight loss is one of the factors supporting sperm repair, men who exercise with moderate intensity experience satisfying results. This is because in moderate-intensity exercises, one avoids inflammation and severe oxidative stress.

The researchers state that exposure to electromagnetic waves, heat, poor nutrition, obesity, drugs, alcohol, and cycling can reduce sperm quality, and improve these factors means improving sperm quality.

Another study involving 31 men, 16 of whom were active in sports (but not cycling) while the remaining 15 were not actively exercising. All of the men underwent sperm examination, and the results showed that men who regularly exercised had higher sperm concentrations and more semen volumes.

In a longer study, the same researchers found that men who underwent strenuous exercise experienced a decrease in sperm quality, but men who exercised with intensity were experiencing improvements in sperm quality.

Conclusion

Although research shows that exercise can be a simple, inexpensive, and effective solution for improving sperm quality, keep in mind that infertility is not a simple matter. A person does not experience infertility based solely on the amount of sperm, therefore, it is possible that lifestyle changes are not the only problem solving.

Also, if you want to make exercise one of the methods to improve sperm quality, you certainly have to consider the duration, intensity, and type of exercise you are doing. Remember, moderate intensity exercise is more beneficial than strenuous exercise.

Also Read:

  • 10 Things You Should Avoid If You Want to Get Pregnant Quickly
  • 5 Things Proven to Damage Sperm
  • 5 Fertility Tips for Men Who Want to Have Children Immediately

Advertiser

Blogger
Disqus
Pilih Sistem Komentar

No comments