Changes in breasts begin in the first trimester of pregnancy. Most pregnant women already feel the need to buy the right pregnant bra from the beginning of pregnancy, to make it more comfortable. Usually pregnant bras can be purchased along with maternity clothes. If you buy a new bra during pregnancy, don't forget to also buy a breastfeeding bra.
Here are the things you should pay attention to when buying a bra for pregnant women:
- Look for bras that have wide support straps. Wide bra straps are recommended because they firmly tie the breast to keep it in place.
- Look for a bra that covers most of your breasts. A bra like this will be more comfortable to use, because usually the breasts will become more sensitive.
- Look for a bra that has a lot of hooks at the back, at least 4 hooks, so that it can be installed or adjusted to suit your needs.
- Look for bras that are comfortable to use, generally made from cotton. If you use a cotton bra type, you will not easily feel hot because cotton absorbs heat and is good for your skin.
How to measure breast?
Look for a bra shop near where you live or at the mall, ask for help from the shopkeeper to measure your breast size. Usually they can help you determine the size and type of bra you should wear. It would be better if you measure your breasts every few months because during pregnancy your breast size will continue to rise.
What should be considered when buying a bra?
To avoid buying a wrong bra, there are some tips for you when buying a new bra for pregnant women:
- Make sure the right cover or cup bra covers all parts of your breast.
- Make sure the front middle stitch is just right against your breast bone.
- During early pregnancy, it's better to hook your bra to the first hook or the outermost hook, don't be too tight when wearing a bra so it doesn't get too tight when breathing because usually the ribs become wider when you are pregnant.
- Ahead of the time of delivery, buy a bra that will still fit and fit you when your rib size returns to its original size after giving birth.