Health insurance can make it easier for you to prepare medical expenses later. Even though everyone does not want to get sick, there's nothing wrong with keeping health insurance. The sick came no one knew, so preparation was needed. Before you choose what insurance you want to have, first identify the following types of health insurance.
Various types of health insurance
Health insurance is divided into various types based on the following.
1. Organizing body ownership
- Government health insurance, which is health insurance managed by the government, such as BPJS Kesehatan or Kartu Sehat Indonesia.
- Private health insurance, which is health insurance managed by a private entity.
2. Type of treatment
- Inpatient health insurance (in-patient treatment). Health insurance that covers care for patients who will stay in the hospital or hospitalization.
- Out-patient treatment. Health insurance that covers patient care in the form of medical services such as diagnosis, laboratory checks, treatment, rehabilitation, and other health services that do not require patients to stay (hospitalization) in the hospital.
3. Opt in
- Required. You are required to make insurance purchases and payments and follow certain rules. For example, you are an employee who has to buy an insurance policy in accordance with the rules in the company or workplace organization.
- Voluntary. You can freely choose insurance according to your wants and needs, without being bound by a company or organization rule.
4. Costs borne
- Total coverage. This type of health insurance will cover all types of health services, whether treatment, recovery, prevention (eg early detection of disease or health checks), and inpatient and outpatient care. Insurance claims will be adjusted to those stated in the insurance policy.
- Only high dependents. A type of health insurance in which the insurance company will only bear a relatively large fee and will not cover the costs of small outpatient care such as examinations, diagnosis, treatment and others.
5. Parties borne
- Personal. This insurance will only cover costs or provide health protection to only one person or personal, according to the conditions applicable in the insurance policy.
- Groups. This insurance will provide health protection to certain groups, such as family members or companies of the same age as policy terms and conditions (usually calculated based on the number of employees or family members who become dependents).
6. How to claim insurance
- Reimbursement , this type of health insurance requires you as the owner of health insurance to cover medical expenses from personal money first, then the fee will be reported to the health insurance company to be replaced by attaching proof of payment.
- Cashless, this type of health insurance is the most widely used. Cashless insurance claims only need to show the insurance member card to the hospital where you are treated, to pay medical expenses in accordance with the conditions agreed upon by all parties.
- 5 Causes of Weak Immune System and Easy Painful Body
- 6 Steps for Consistent Healthy Life
- Ways and Benefits of Living a Healthy Lifestyle