Massage is believed to be an alternative method for dealing with certain health problems. One that is often and still carried out until now is foot massage. It turns out that not only can you relieve pain or cure foot injuries, foot massage also has a myriad of health benefits. Then, what are the benefits of foot reflexology for health? Let's look at the benefits of foot reflexology below
A lot of health benefits of foot massage
1. Release stress
Foot massage is useful for reducing anxiety and creating a relaxing sensation that is pleasing to the body. It is important to know, that on the surface of the foot there is a reflex point called solar plexus.
Solar plexus is a kind of point that contains all the sources of stress in the body. If you routinely massage or reflex your feet, you can slowly get rid of stress in the body one by one through the reflection of your feet.
2. Increase and facilitate blood circulation
Blood flow brings lots of nutrients and oxygen to be distributed to various cells in the body. Blood also functions to cleanse dirt and poisons from the body.
Unfortunately when you are stressed, the blood flow will be limited and not able to work to carry out its tasks for the body. Therefore, foot reflexology is felt right and is useful for reducing stress and helping blood circulation flow unimpeded.
3. Reducing pain
Reflexology on the feet also helps reduce pain. Reflexology massage on the foot can release more endorphin hormones. This endorphin hormone is useful for blocking pain signals to the brain.
Endorphin is a stronger painkiller than morphine. People who are experiencing pain can try reflexology to reduce the pain they feel.
Tips and how to do your own foot massage at home
Usually, foot massage can be obtained at a massage or a particular reflexology clinic. Unfortunately, not everyone has the opportunity to visit the foot massage site during his busy time. No need to worry, because you can still massage your feet at home like a professional masseuse with a few tips and the following ways:
- First, sit on a chair and position your body as comfortably as possible.
- Then, bend your left leg, lift and rest your left leg gently on your right thigh.
- Pour a little lotion or skin essential oil into your hands. Gently rub your feet and massage all your legs including your toes, finger arches and heels.
- Do a deeper massage. Press the knuckles of your right hand to your left foot.
- Massage and squeeze your fingers slowly. You can also slowly pull your fingers out together or separately. This can stretch the muscles below. Don't forget to repeat with the other leg.
- Be Careful, It's a Danger If You Don't Massage Your Stomach Not With Experts
- Guidelines for Safe Massage of the Back During Pregnancy
- Watch out! Massage Reflection Stepping on a Stone Can Have Fatal Effects for People with Diabetes