With the increasing level of crime on the streets, it's a good idea to always be prepared to protect yourself. Save 110 police emergency number on your cellphone speed dial access if you encounter a crime out there. You can also protect yourself from the behavior of perpetrators with pepper spray or pepper spray. See how to make it below.
What is pepper spray?
Pepper spray is often used by law enforcers to help subjugate and arrest people whose behavior is rude or uncooperative, or used in large numbers as riot control. Lay individuals can also use it to defend themselves against human or animal attacks.
Pepper spray is a lachrymatory substance, which makes the eyes cry. The basic ingredient of pepper spray is chili oil, known as oleoresin capsicum. Capsaicin, an inflammatory substance in oil, is the same chemical that makes chillies feel hot and hot. But in pepper spray, the concentration level of capsicum is much higher.
The levels of capsicum in pepper spray are very high, so that even the spicy level exceeds the habanero chili. Pepper spray generally has a spicy score of 2-5.3 million Scoville units. In comparison, red chili has a spicy score of around 30 thousand, while habanero chili has a score of 200 thousand. Imagine, right, how spicy is it sprayed with pepper spray?
What effect will it have on pepper spray?
Pepper spray works by causing pain. Exposure to pepper spray irritates the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract.
When someone touches pepper spray, their eyes will be closed immediately. The eyes will turn red and painful, followed by a "boiling" sensation and temporary blindness. Pepper spray can also burn the skin and cause swelling. Other effects are a burning throat, wheezing, difficulty /shortness of breath, choking, coughing, and not being able to speak.
In rare cases, pepper spray can cause cyanosis, a change in skin color that indicates a lack of blood flow and oxygen. Studies have also found that people who breathe pepper spray may experience acute hypertension, or sudden high blood pressure. This increases the risk of stroke or heart attack.
Pepper spray doesn't kill. However, there are a few cases of death that have occurred from exposure to pepper spray. People with asthma have a higher likelihood of complications to experience this because capsaicin burns the airways, causing swelling and restrictions that make breathing more difficult.
How to make pepper spray yourself at home
Pepper bottled sprays (finished products) generally contain water, alcohol, or organic solvents as liquid agents; also nitrogen, carbon dioxide, or halogenated hydrocarbons (such as freon, tetrachlorethylene, and methylene chloride) as high-pressure gas agents to spray tube contents.
However, you can mix it yourself at home with simple ingredients available in the kitchen. Follow the method below to make pepper spray.
Tools and materials needed :
- 6 red cayenne peppers, crushed chilies, or dried chili gendot (can be bought, or dry it for several days in the sun or in the oven) More, more spicy .
- Sufficient black pepper powder, for additional coughing sensations (optional).
- Garlic (choose: one clove, two tablespoons of chopped garlic, or two tablespoons of powdered garlic). For additional pain sensation.
- 350 ml of rubbing alcohol or vinegar to taste, as a stabilizer for chili oil. You can also use plain water.
- 2 tablespoons baby oil, as an "adhesive" material to the body of the offender.
- The spray bottle is empty, clean and dry well
- Protective devices, such as goggles or swimming goggles, rubber gloves, mouth masks.
How to make :
- Add dried chillies, garlic, baby oil, and alcohol /water /vinegar to the blender. Process for 2 minutes. If you want to knead it, mash all the ingredients into a smooth paste. Be careful not to spill pasta and about you.
- Pour liquid into a large bottle using a funnel. Let stand overnight in a cool place to evaporate. The volume of fluid needs to be reduced to increase its effectiveness. This is an important part of the process of making pepper spray at home.
- The next morning, you will need a clean funnel, thin cotton cloth, and a spray bottle.
- Place the funnel in the mouth of the container you want to use as a storage container, then place a thin cotton cloth over the funnel as a filter.
- Pour the pepper mixture into the bottle very carefully. Close the bottle to avoid liquid leaking.
- Finally, add 350 ml of alcohol /water /vinegar again. Voila! Now you have your own pepper spray.
The pepper spray you have made must be stored in the refrigerator or a cool place if not used. The effect of pepper spray on the body can last 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how strong the spray solution is.
Depending on what solvent you use (alcohol /water /vinegar), the storage period and can vary. If you use alcohol or vinegar, pepper spray can last up to 1-3 months. While if mixed with water, your spray will only be effective for up to two weeks.
- Tips to Protect Your Eyes When Tear Gas Is Attacked
- Guidelines To Be Done After Experiencing Sexual Violence
- Could It Be Orgasm When Having Sexual Harassment?
- 5 Main Things That Cause Skin Damage