Have you ever felt that you gained weight even though you didn't eat more than usual? Or, have you ever been surprised because suddenly your weight rose?
You might think that the reason for your continued weight gain is due to food intake. As a result, to lose weight, you will reduce your food intake. In fact, the cause of weight gain is not only because of food intake, but also can be caused by your lifestyle.
Unexpected causes of weight gain
Here are some unique causes of rose weight that you need to know:
1. Too many food variations
Without realizing it, when you have a lot of food variations, you will tend to eat more than you should. You can have many variations of food, only you need to pay attention to the nutritional intake contained in it. Expand foods that are low in calories and rich in nutrients, such as fruits, nuts, vegetables, broth soup, seeds, and low-fat dairy products.
A new study at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) confirms that there is a relationship between depression and obesity, which has been linked to an increased risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
According to Psychology Today, women are more prone to depression than men. And usually, women who experience depression will tend to increase their intake of food and sleep continuously. So, don't be surprised if this will have an impact on increasing body weight.
3. Addicted to gadget
Using a gadget before bed can not only affect the quality of your sleep. A study conducted by Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health found that teenagers who use smartphones or computers for hours tend to be more at risk for obesity. This happens because adolescents who are "addicted" to smartphones or gadgets usually tend to drink sweet drinks and lack physical activity. As a result, these adolescents will have a risk 43 times more likely to be obese than those who do not.
4. Eat while doing other activities
Multitasking like eating while watching television or while working at a computer can increase your weight. Without your realizing it, when you eat while doing other activities, your eating activities become disrupted and you will tend not to be able to control your food intake.
When you are not aware of what goes into your mouth, you cannot process that information. This information will not be stored in the memory of your brain. As a result, without memory after eating, you are more likely to eat faster than you should.
Therefore, avoid eating while doing other activities. When you enjoy what you eat, you will feel full faster so you can control your food intake.
5. Age increase
Without your realizing it, increasing age can increase the risk of increasing body weight. This is something you can't avoid. However, this happens due to several factors, including such as poor diet, lifestyle, genetics, social factors, drugs, or hormonal imbalances.
Here are some of the causes of weight gain as you age:
- Reduced physical activity . Usually, as you get older, you will often sit down to do all deadlines. As a result, your physical activity will decrease so that nutritional intake such as calories instead of being converted into energy will be stored as fat.
- As you get older, you will be stressed more often . As a result, stress can affect the body's ability to process food that enters your body.
- The aging process is often associated with a decrease in hormones , including growth hormone, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and two thyroid hormones. This natural decline is referred to as "age-related hormone reduction", and a decrease in hormones will continue for up to 30 years.
- Is It Right to Eat at Night Makes You Fat?
- How many kilos is the maximum weight you can lose in a week?
- 7 Morning Habits that Make Fast Weight Loss
- Fat Body Due to High Water Weight, What Is the Cause?