The uterus is an important reproductive organ for women. However, not all women have a normal uterine position. There are women who have retroverted conditions. The condition of the uterus is described when the position of the uterus is tilted backward towards the cervix. This abnormal position of the uterus can occur due to birth defects or have health problems such as endometriosis, fibrosis, or pelvic inflammation.
The medical procedure that is usually recommended by a doctor to treat this condition is surgery. For example the suspension of the uterus. This procedure is done by laparoscopy, which is to insert a small surgical instrument by making a small incision around the skin where the uterus is located.
You can also insert a small device called a pessary through the vagina to support the uterus so that its position is upright. Unfortunately, this cannot be used for the long term because of the risk of causing infection.
Aside from doctor's care, there are several exercises that help strengthen the ligament and pelvic wall muscles so that the uterus can return to its vertical position. What are the safe physical exercises for women with conditions like this? Check out the following review.
Various exercises for women with a reverse uterus
Various gymnastic movements can affect the strength of muscles and ligaments in the body. For women with an inverted uterus, there are several physical exercises that are safe choices to make. However, don't forget to consult with your doctor before starting the exercise program.
Some physical exercises for women with uterine inversions include:
1. Kegel Exercise
This exercise keeps the pelvic floor muscles (the muscles that tighten when you hold urination) become stronger. The stronger these muscles, the reverse uterus can return to its normal position. How to do Kegel exercises is quite easy, follow the steps below:
- Tighten your lower pelvic muscles for about 3 seconds.
- During tightening these muscles, don't hold your breath or tighten your abdominal, thigh, and buttock muscles.
- Restore the lower pelvic muscles for 3 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise for up to 10 times.
- For maximum results, do this exercise 3 times a day
2. Gymnastics knee to chest
This gymnastics helps shift the position of the uterus which is tilted back back to vertical position. You can do this movement easily, follow the steps below:
- Position your body lying on your back and your hands placed next to your body.
- Bend both knees and soles of the feet to touch the floor.
- Then, lift one leg near your chest and hold it with both hands.
- Hold this position for 15 to 20 seconds and repeat with alternating feet
- Perform this exercise 3 times a day, each set of 10 repetitions
3. Gymnastics oblique twists
This exercise strengthens the pelvic muscles to help the uterus return to its vertical position. How to do this movement is quite easy, follow the steps below:
- Lying on the floor
- Place your hands behind your head and interlock
- Then bend your knees and lift your left knee and lift your head up
- Make sure your left knee is around the tip of your right hand elbow
- Make movements with your hands and feet alternately and repeat 10 times
- Characteristics of the Position of the Backward Obstructed Womb that Women Must Know
- Are Women Who Have Reverse uterus (Retroverted) Can Still Get Pregnant?
- Position of the uterus tilted backward, what is the cause?