Ten percent of the total world population is left-handed. As a minority in the mainstream world, they must live according to most gadgets, office stationery, cooking utensils, and various other objects made to meet the needs of right-handed people.
The left-handed brain and body operate differently than the right-handed person (and in the ambidextrous person, whose hands are the dominant hand for different tasks). "Left-handed or not, it seems determined in the very early stages of fetal development, when many other things about your future are being determined too," said Ronald Yeo, PhD., Professor of psychology at the University of Texas, United States.
Here are 15 strange but interesting facts that aren't widely known about left-handed people:
1. Lefty famous people throughout history include Napoleon Bonaparte, Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, Obama, and Jimi Hendrix.
2. World Kidal Day is celebrated every August 13 since 1996.
3. Following hand dominance, left-handed people tend to chew food on the left, while right-handed people will chew on the right.
4. Left-handed people are three years shorter than the right-handed ones. More than 2,500 left-handed people are killed each year due to using everyday equipment intended for right-handed dominant people. Wow!
5. Many studies show that premature babies are more likely to be left-handed.
6. Genetic factors only occupy as much as 25% of cases of total opportunities for left-handed people.
7. Left-handed people are more susceptible to post-traumatic stress (PTSD) than those with right-handedness, according to a study.
8. The left-handed brain works faster when exercising or playing computer games.
9. According to legend, Lucifer and the witch have the left hand dominant. Perhaps this is why many religious rituals require using the right hand, including labeling the right hand as "good hands".
10. In the past, left-handedness was often associated with behavioral irregularities, neurotic symptoms, rebellion, and criminal activity. In fact, the word "left" (left /left hand) in English is rooted in "lyft" in Anglo-Saxon, which means broken or weak.
11. 40 percent of people with schizophrenia are left-handed people, although left-handed people only occupy 10% of the total population. There are also many famous criminal figures with left-handed, for example Osama bin Laden, The Boston Strangler, and Ted Bundy.
12. Fortunately, left-handed people have now proven to be far more intelligent than the right-handed ones! People who have an IQ of more than 140 are more left-handed, according to a study from St. Lawrence University. The proof, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Einstein, and Newton are left-handed people.
13. Left-handed people are more easily shy. A behavioral test carried out in Scotland shows a link between shambles and shyness. According to this study, many left-handed participants reported that they were more easily anxious about making mistakes, and were more sensitive to criticism. Overall, the study shows left-handed people are people who are doubtful.
14. Left-handed people get angry faster. Most left-handed people show an unbalanced emotional process between their right and left brain, one result is often a bad mood.
15. Left-handed people drink alcohol more often than those with right-handedness, according to the results of a study from 12 countries involving 25.00 participants. But that doesn't mean they are vulnerable to alcohol abuse, you know!
- Selfie hobbies don't mean narcissistic, you know!
- Psychopaths in Hollywood films, really that cruel?
- Unique facts interesting for the twins