Does the skin look dull, dry, often spotty, or appear wrinkles on the skin? This might be due to your poor blood circulation. Blood circulation brings nutrients and oxygen which are needed by skin cells to grow and repair themselves. Well, skin cells always change with new ones regularly. So, smooth blood circulation can make the skin healthier.
What is the relationship between blood circulation and skin health?
Blood is a liquid that carries nutrients and oxygen needed by all cells in the body. Lack of blood supply to certain organs, including skin organs, can make the organ's work disrupted. Some of the problems that can arise on the skin due to poor circulation are:
- Black spots appear. The inhibition of blood supply to the skin can make the skin dull and black spots appear on the skin. This may be common in smokers. Smoking can make blood vessels vulnerable to rupture, so it can cause black spots on the skin. In addition, smoking can also damage collagen and elastin tissue on the skin so that the skin can relax and wrinkle.
- Skin becomes dry . Poor blood circulation can also make the skin dry. Blood as a liquid can hydrate your skin so that the skin becomes moist. However, if the circulation of blood to the skin is disrupted, the skin will lack of fluid so that it becomes dry and itchy.
- Pimples appear. Blocked blood flow can also cause facial skin to break out. The buildup of dead skin and oil that causes zits can occur when your blood circulation is running smoothly.
How to improve blood circulation so that the skin is healthier?
One way to smooth blood flow to make your skin healthier is to exercise. Exercise can make blood circulation run more smoothly so that the skin does not lack blood supply. During exercise, the swift blood flow through the muscles can be 15-20 times greater than when you are not exercising.
Good blood circulation can also help provide nutrients and oxygen for skin cells. This certainly helps skin cells regenerate so that the process of replacing dead skin cells into new, healthier skin cells can run smoothly.
New skin cells can prevent the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles on the face, and various other signs of aging.
In addition, the blood flow also helps to remove waste substances that are no longer used by the body. This is related to the function of the skin as one of the organs involved in the excretion system. The excretion system is a system for removing residual substances that have not been used by the body.
You could say, exercise is a good way to cleanse (detoxify) the skin from the inside. This means that there will not be too much dirt, dead skin cells, and other substances that accumulate on the surface of the skin. The skin becomes brighter and cleaner.
Not only that, exercise is also proven to help reduce stress. This can indirectly make the skin healthier and look fresh. Acne on the face may also decrease when your stress subsides. Quoted from WebMD, research shows that oil glands can be affected by stress hormones. This might be the reason why stress greatly affects the health of your skin.
- What Is the Difference Between Stone Acne and Common Acne?
- 3 Benefits of Exercising During Menstruation
- 7 Ways to Reduce Sweat Production on the Facial Skin
- Dry Skin Makes Itchy? Here's How to Overcome It