Reduce Heat Sensitivity Due to Menopause With Acupuncture

Reduce Heat Sensitivity Due to Menopause With Acupuncture

Reduce Heat Sensitivity Due to Menopause With Acupuncture

Advertiser

Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine technique where the therapist will stimulate certain points in the body by inserting a special needle through your skin. Acupuncturists are believed to be able to overcome various health problems from starting to treat dizziness to increasing fertility. The latest findings suggest that acupuncture can actually overcome the symptoms of hot flashes, namely a heat sensation that often occurs in menopausal women.

What is menopause and what is the effect on the body?

Reduce Heat Sensitivity Due to Menopause With Acupuncture

Menopause is a condition when the body no longer experiences menstrual periods per month. One of the main signs of menopause is when you don't experience menstruation for one year from your last period.

This condition marks the end of the reproductive period which means you cannot get pregnant again after menopause. The average woman experiences menopause in the age range of 40 to 50 years.

During menopause women usually experience various unusual symptoms. Usually this is influenced by hormone levels in the body that are not balanced. The following are the most common menopausal symptoms:

  • Vagina feels dry
  • Hot flashes, heat sensations throughout the body
  • Frequent night sweats
  • Having a sleep disorder
  • Mood changes easily
  • Weight gain
  • Hair starts to thin out
  • The skin becomes dry
  • Sagging breasts

The study stated that acupuncture can overcome the symptoms of hot flashes

Reduce Heat Sensitivity Due to Menopause With Acupuncture

Hot flashes become one of the symptoms of menopause which is sometimes quite disturbing. Because the feeling of heat due to hot flashes can occur suddenly and attack long enough, that is in a matter of weeks. However, hot flashes can also occur in a short time and the symptoms come slowly. Hot flashes are characterized by several special symptoms such as:

  • A feeling of heat that spreads around the hands and upper body including the face.
  • Reddish skin.
  • Heart palpitations.
  • Excessive sweating in the upper body.
  • The body feels cold afterwards.
  • Usually appears at night.

Researchers from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston gathered 209 women aged 45 to 60 years. Participants were divided into two groups, 20 percent of women were given regular care from doctors and the other 80 percent were given doctor care plus acupuncture for six months.

The result, after six months of treatment, more than one-third of menopausal women who did acupuncture therapy felt the symptoms of hot flashes were reduced.

Nancy Avis, PhD, lead author of the study states that acupuncture is quite effective in treating symptoms of hot flashes and the results can even last for six months after treatment is stopped.

Researchers also say the decline in symptoms of hot flashes in menopausal women is suspected because acupuncture also plays a role in increasing the production of endorphins in the body, which this hormone serves to stabilize the temperature control system in the body.

Researchers also found evidence that acupuncture can reduce hot flashes during menopause without side effects. In the evidence found, most women experience an increase in conditions after three to four weeks of treatment.

Even so, acupuncture doesn't work effectively for all women. Therefore, if you want to try it, consult your therapist, acupuncturist or your doctor of trust.

Also Read:

  • Hot Flashes: Phenomenon When the Body Suddenly Feels Hot
  • 6 Ways to Take Care of Your Skin to Stay Beautiful and Healthy After Menopause
  • 5 Kinds of Tea that Are Efficacious to Relieve Symptoms of Menopause

Advertiser

Blogger
Disqus
Pilih Sistem Komentar

No comments