Are you having problems with dry hair, hair loss, dandruff or oily hair? Obtain an investigation, all hair problems that you have experienced can be overcome with one simple solution: avocado oil. Because the avocado oil is very easily absorbed by the hair roots so it is very good to be used as a treatment for dry hair and other hair problems. Intrigued especially the efficacy of other avocado oil? See in this article.
Efficacy of avocado oil
Avocado oil is extracted from avocados, which offers some unique properties. This oil is lighter than other oils, so it easily absorbs into the hair and leaves no residual oil. Fat content, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, minerals, and vitamins A, B, D, and E in avocados function to keep the hair moist, clean the scalp from dirt, repair damaged hair follicles, and so on.
Avocados are also a source of amino acids, which function as keratin to make hair glow. The content of folic acid in avocados also works as a natural SPF for hair and encourages the regeneration of new hair follicles. Not only that, a 2015 International Journal of Trichology study found that minerals contained in avocado oil can help close cuticle cells, which can prevent broken hair.
How to use avocado oil for hair care
You can use this oil as a hair mask, shampoo or conditioner. Here are some recipes for avocado oil that you can try at home.
1. Hair mask
Animal studies show that essential oils such as lavender and peppermint can stimulate hair growth. Well, you can do your own hair care to stimulate hair growth by mixing 3 tablespoons of avocado oil and a few drops of your chosen essential oil.
After all the oil is evenly mixed, apply oil to all of your scalp and hair evenly. Gently massage your head so that the oil quickly seeps into the skin. If used routinely, then a hair mask from a combination of healthy oils will help stimulate blood flow and clogged hair follicles to reduce hair loss.
2. Hair conditioner
Here are the steps to making avocado oil as a natural conditioner that you can try at home.
- 1 teaspoon of avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of natural honey
- 1 avocado
- 1 banana
How to make:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and evenly mixed, then pour the contents into a bowl.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to break your hair. Comb the hair from the center of the hair to the bottom.
- Divide the hair into small groups, then apply the hair oil evenly.
- Massage the scalp using your fingers gently for 10 minutes.
- Tie your hair with loose ties, then cover your head with a shower cap. Allow up to one hour.
- After that rinse thoroughly, use shampoo, and give conditioner.
After the first use, the hair will be twice as soft and shiny. To improve hair growth, this treatment can be done at least twice for a month.
3. Hot oil treatment
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
How to make:
- Prepare a pan and set the stove over low heat, add 3 tablespoons of avocado oil, and simmer for a few seconds.
- Add olive oil and honey. Then let it warm for 30 seconds or until it reaches a comfortable temperature. Turn off the heat and let the oil cool. Never apply hot oil directly to the skin.
- Make sure the oil is lukewarm to absorb it properly. Massage the scalp using your fingers gently for 10 minutes.
- Let your hair stand for about one hour. Then rinse and shampoo until clean.
- 4 Natural Oils that Make Hair Healthier
- 8 Benefits of Argan Oil: Secrets of Middle Eastern Beauty
- Luminous Healthy Hair With Shampooing Without Shampoo