If you are just bored with that cardio exercise, try Tabata sports. Tabata is included in High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) which requires you to do high intensity exercise in just 4 minutes. Even though it's short, calories burned when you do Tabata exercise are up to 5 times more than regular aerobic exercise, you know! Intrigued what are the effective Tabata sports movements? See the information below.
Basic Tabata sports rules
Tabata exercise is done in 8 sets in 4 minutes. During these 4 minutes, there are several steps that you must do:
- Start by warming up and stretching first.
- After that, do high intensity exercise for 20 seconds.
- After you finish exercising 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds. One sport and one break are calculated as 1 set.
- Repeat until complete 8 sets, with the same movements on each set.
- After you have successfully completed eight full sets, rest for 1 minute and may continue the next 4 minute Tabata session with different moves.
The Tabata sports movement that you can try at home
You don't need special tools to do this sport. Here are the various Tabata sports movements that you can try:
Tabata set 1
This tabata includes the movements of the burpees and mountain climbers.
- Start in a standing position
- Slowly position your body half squatting with both hands on the floor
- Kick your feet back and lower your body to do push ups
- Return in a squat position and jump both hands straight up
In order not to be monotonous, you can also step backward instead of jumping.
- You are in a push up position. Make sure the body forms a straight line from the shoulder to the ankle.
- Point your knees alternately towards your chest, as if running.
- Make sure your hips are aligned with your body and move your knees as high as you can
Each of the burpees and mountain climber movements takes 20 seconds and 10 seconds breaks. Repeat each of these four times for a total of 4 minutes. Then do a rest for 1 minute.
Tabata set 2
This tabata movement includes a squat jump and high knee jog
- Stand with your feet wide open
- Both hands are placed behind the head, elbows facing outward
- Bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor
- Raise your body and jump as high as possible by pushing your toe to the floor
- Land slowly in a squatting position
- Do it repeatedly
High knee jog
- Stand straight by opening your feet hip-width apart, looking straight ahead and your arms hanging down on the side of your body
- Lift your knees to hip level or as high as you can
- The arm must follow the movement
- Lower the knee slowly
- Repeat the movement on the other knee so that each step will move you forward
Each squat jump and high knee jog movement is carried out for 20 seconds and 10 seconds rest. Repeat each of these four times for a total of 4 minutes. Then do a rest for 1 minute.
Tabata set 3
Tabata set 2 movements include jump kicks and side-to-side jumping lunges.
- Start in an upright position
- Swing your legs forward at waist level or more
- Hands in a bent position
- Repeat with different legs
Side to side jumping lunge
- Stand up straight with your legs shoulder width apart and arms at your sides
- Touch your left foot with your right hand
- Make sure the right hand stays perpendicular to the head
- Repeat the movement with a different side
Each jump kicks and side to side jumping lunge is done for 20 seconds and 10 seconds breaks. Repeat each of these four times for a total of 4 minutes. Then do a rest for 1 minute.
Note : Because exercise is done with high intensity, make sure you consult your doctor first if you have certain medical conditions.
- 8 Unique Ways to Burn Calories You May Never Have
- Between Running and Plank, Which is the Most Burning Calorie?
- It turns out that cold air can burn calories, you know! How can it be?