Bakwan is one type of fried food favored by Indonesians. This mixture of flour, vegetables and other ingredients does taste very tasty and tasty. Even though it tastes delicious, bakwan that is not properly processed can endanger health. Then, is there a way to make bakwan healthy and tasty? Come on, see how to fry and the recipe for making healthy bakwan below.
How to fry healthy food
Bakwan is usually fried in hydrogenated oils, such as vegetable oil. This oil does add flavor and makes fried foods crisper. Unfortunately, this oil is high in trans fat which is bad for the health of the body. The frying process can change quality because the addition of sugar or salt also increases the calorie content in foods from oil.
All of that can increase bad cholesterol levels and make you gain weight. If you often eat these foods, the risk of obesity, high blood pressure and heart disease is greater. You don't need to worry, you can still enjoy healthy bakwan goreng, really. As long as you make it yourself, you can follow the guidelines below.
Use clean cooking utensils
Cleanliness must take precedence when you cook. Not only food ingredients that must be washed or seen by the situation; still suitable for use or not, cooking equipment must also be considered. Prepare pots, pans, spatulas, containers, dough mixers, spoons, and dishes that have been washed clean.
Choose the best cooking oil
Most people only know vegetable oil to fry food. Actually this type of oil is less healthy when used. You can use other oils that are better and healthier for cooking. The choice of oil is olive oil, peanut oil, or grapeseed oil. However, most people choose olive oil.
Adjust oil heat and food maturity
Most people fry food when the temperature of the oil is very hot. That is, when heated oil causes smoke. Oil that has warmed like this has reduced its quality. So, it's best to put food in medium heat oil. Also, pay attention to food maturity. If the outside is perfectly cooked, the inside must be mature enough.
Recipes make bakwan healthy and tasty
Well, if you already know how to fry food properly, see the various recipes to make the following bakwan.
1. Vegetable Bakwan
Vegetables in bakwan sayur, can increase fiber intake for the body. Besides carbohydrates from flour, you can get various vitamins and minerals from various vegetables and proteins from eggs.
The recipe for making vegetable bakwan is very easy, you just need to cut smaller vegetables, mix them with flour dough, and season them.
Some of the ingredients you need to make 6 servings of vegetable bakwan:
- 200 grams of flour
- 100 grams of finely sliced cabbage
- 100 grams of finely sliced green beans
- 50 grams of sprouts
- 1 finely sliced carrot
- 1 egg
- 1 finely sliced leek
- 3 cloves of spring onions (the white part), 5 cloves of shallots, 1/2 tsp black pepper. and enough salt. All of these ingredients are finely ground.
2. Bakwan knows
Tofu is made from soybeans that contain protein. So, adding vegetables, flour, and tofu provide protein, vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates in one piece of bakwan.
How to make this bakwan is the same as making bakwan in general, it's just a mixture of different food ingredients. Some of the ingredients you need to make bakwan tofu for 6 servings:
- 250 grams of white tofu that has been crushed
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- ¼ cabbage fruit, finely sliced
- 2 stems of sliced leeks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of broth powder
- 3 shallots and 2 finely ground garlic cloves
3. Bakwan shrimp
Besides vegetables, flour and eggs, you can add shrimp to bakwan. Bakwan shrimp contains carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, protein, and fat. Because it is made with wet shrimp, you should immediately store it after draining it into a closed container to keep it crispy.
Some of the ingredients needed to make 2 jars are baked corn:
- 150 grams of wet shrimp that have been removed from their heads
- 25 grams of tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- 8 finely sliced orange leaves
- 3⁄4 tablespoons of salt
- 3 garlic cloves, 3 roasted candlenuts, ½ tablespoon roasted coriander, and one finely ground kencur segment for seasoning
4. Bakwan corn
In order for Bakwan to taste sweet, you can add corn. Bakwan corn provides carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and protein.
The ingredients you need to make 10 bakwan corn are:
- 300 grams of pipile sweet corn
- 75 grams of coarse drawstring carrot
- 1 stem of leeks, finely sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, thinly sliced
- 50 grams of flour
- 3 tablespoons of rice flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 4 garlic cloves, 3 red onion cloves, 1 tsp finely ground coriander as a spice.
- 3 Healthy and Nutritionally Rich Mushroom Recipes
- 6 Healthy Pasta Recipes for Children, Practical and Nutritious
- 6 Healthy Smoothie Recipes That Can Return Energy After Exercise