Many people feel they know how to nourish their bodies and burn fat, so that a lot of information is spread incorrectly. Try this quiz and see if you know the facts about exercise, nutrition, and optimize your health.
What is your value? Tell us in the comments section below.
- Muscles are heavier than fat = True | False
- To be physically fit requires a large lifestyle change = True | False
- A lot of sweating while exercising means a lot of fat burned by the body = Right | False
- "Egg yolk causes high cholesterol" only myth = True | False
- An ideal level of fitness can be achieved through at least how many sports per week?
- Crunch and sit ups are the best way to get rid of belly fat = Right | False
- Strength training, such as lifting weights will cause the body to look muscular = Correct | False
- Exercise has a significant role in losing weight = Right | False
- Exercise to maintain ideal body weight = Right | False
- Small to moderate activities such as walking (which only requires 60% of maximum capacity) results in decreased food intake = Right | False
- False. One kilo remains one kilo even though it's in the form of fat or muscle. When you try to lose weight, the fact is that muscle is denser than fat and fills in smaller spaces in the body. Scientists estimate that 0.5 kg of muscle fills 22% less space than 0.5 kg of fat. This is why when a person's weight falls incorrectly, they do not appear to change or become firmer because they lose muscle mass. Many of my clients maintain their weight but lose a lot of fat, their weight does not change on the scales but the size of their pants or dress shrinks.
- False . Fitness can be achieved through small changes in what you eat and your level of activity. People tend to overdo it and eventually become overwhelmed by it. Start slowly, then increase activity, and be accompanied by changes in diet. Don't try to do something excessive and sudden. Be consistent and patient in giving your body time to change and develop.
- False . The amount you sweat is an indication of the body's ability to maintain normal body temperature. You sweat when your body starts storing heat so you can cool it through evaporation of sweat. So it has nothing to do with the amount of energy or calories burned.
- Right. Besides all the ugliness, good quality egg yolks are very healthy. Egg white contains only a little nutrition when compared to egg yolk, the nutrients in the yolk are stored in a component called lecithin. Lecithin emulsifies the fat and cholesterol content of eggs and makes whole eggs a very healthy and balanced food source. Chicken eggs can be enjoyed in larger quantities. Dr. Bernard Jensen, author of Food That Heal explains egg yolk as "having the right nutrients for the brain, nerves, and glands".
- There are no exact numbers. Experience for 21 years, I have seen the best results from improving nutrition. However, at least 4 sports sessions per week have also been proven to produce the best fitness and body shape improvements. Even so, the frequency, duration, intensity, and type of exercise you have to do should be determined by your goals. Your goals, your current fitness level, age, health, abilities, interests, and comfort are factors that you must consider. Still, you can achieve your fitness goals just by exercising 3 times a week.
- False. Stomach oot is determined by what you eat. There is no need to do a lot of crunch and sit ups in an effort to get rid of belly fat. This can have an effect: a good diet, a whole body exercise routine that builds muscle, enough sleep, and limits alcohol and sugar.
- False . This is a myth that keeps many women away from strength training, although it turns out that what determines a person's muscle density is the percentage of fat and genetic factors.
- False. Exercise has a less significant effect on weight loss. The diet program has a greater effect.
- True . Sports are important in long-term weight management.
- True. Research has proven that increased activity at low to moderate intensity (50% -60% maximal HR) normalizes appetite, reduces food intake, and reduces weight.