How do you determine the right condom size? When having sex, using condoms is important, in order to prevent transmission of sexual diseases or prevent pregnancy. But, many people are indifferent to penis size and the accuracy of condom size.
In fact, the accuracy of penis size and condoms is very important for the effectiveness of using these condoms. Mostly, condom users only see and directly buy condoms in the store, without having to ask the seller or find the right size. Then, is there a way to find out the right condom size?
Penis size VS condom size
The most common penis length when erect is around 14-15 cm. While condoms that are on the market, will add a little space on the tip of the head of the penis around 2-3 cm, in order to make room for the fluid that comes out during orgasm. So, the size of a condom cannot be compared to the size of a penis, because you have to calculate the additional empty space at the tip of the penis.
Some studies have also found that men who have a large penis size, when using condoms that do not fit the size, condoms will be vulnerable to tears. Good, see how to determine the right condom size for your penis.
How to measure the penis when erect?
Take a measuring device, use a ruler or rope measuring device to measure how long your penis is. There are several steps that must be considered:
- The base of your penis is the part where the condom pull is at the end. When measuring, it is the head to the base of the penis that is made into the length of your penis.
- Second, the penis must have its own thickness. You should also consider the thickness of the penis in finding the right condom size. You can measure it by circling the shaft of the penis, or if you use a ruler, measure the height. Don't forget to note or pay attention to the size!
- Third, the condom is actually designed to safely follow the curve of the body, and most importantly the size of the average penis of the target sales population. After getting the length and width of the penis, the width of the base of the condom must be more than 2.5 cm from your penis.
What are the sizes of condoms available on the market?
To find the right condom size, you can buy all sizes first. Usually, the size sold in the market is Extra Small (XS) or very small, Small (S) or small, Regular (R) or medium, Large (L) or large, and Extra Large (XL) or very large.
As explained above, if your penis size is an average size (12-15 cm), first use a medium condom size. However, pay attention! If the condom used turns out to be rolled or does not stay in place, it indicates that the size of the condom is too large for you.
Likewise those who are too tight or narrow are used, meaning that your condom is too small.
Example of condom size:
- Small size usually has a width of 4.8 cm and a length of 16 cm.
- Medium size (regular) usually has a width of 5.2 cm and a length of 19.5 cm.
- Large size usually has a width of 5.4 cm and a length of 20 cm.
What is the danger if the condom size is not right?
Whether it's small or oversized, the size of a condom that doesn't fit your penis size has the potential to cause the following risks:
- If you are too loose, you run the risk of having a condom left in the vagina and causing an infection.
- If the size of the condom is too small and tight when used, the condom can tear and eventually things can happen that you want to prevent, such as pregnancy.
- Condoms that are too large in size will increase your risk of contracting or transmitting venereal disease to your partner.
- You also become more vulnerable to HIV and AIDS or herpes.
- Safe Sex Tips If You Have Allergic Latex Condoms
- 8 Mistakes That You Can Unknowingly Make a Condom Tear
- Condoms Can Also Expire. Like These Characteristics