Cetirizine is an antihistamine drug that functions to relieve allergic reactions, such as runny nose, red and watery eyes, and itchy itchy skin. Cetirizine for general itching and allergies is prescribed by doctors in the form of 10 mg tablets or liquid preparations (syrup or drop) packs of 10 mg /ml, which are swallowed by mouth. Cetirizine is also available in a non-prescription generic version.
Follow your doctor's recommendations about the dosage and how to use cetirizine for allergic itching. The dosage given by the doctor has been considered based on the physical condition, the seriousness of the allergic reaction, and various other medical considerations. Check out this general guide before consuming cetirizine to treat your problem.
Dosage dosage and how to use cetirizine to itch
The guide below applies to all cases, unless the doctor has given you different instructions on how to use cetirizine for your itching and allergic reactions.
How to use cetirizine tablets 10 mg
The cetirizine dose for itching for adults and adolescents over the age of 12 is usually 10 mg taken intact one tablet, once a day. Meanwhile, the dose of cetirizine for children between the ages of 6-12 years is one tablet of cetirizine 10 mg which is divided in two to be consumed twice a day.
Cetirizine 10 mg tablets are available in two versions. Please follow the instructions below so that the drug's efficacy is fully effective.
- Cetirizine for itching in chewable tablets: chew the pill until it's completely crushed in the mouth and swallow. After that, drink a glass of water to help rinse the rest of the tablet in the mouth.
- Cetirizine for itching in pill form dissolves quickly: let the pill dissolve on the tongue and swallow it. Drink a glass of water to dissolve the remaining drug on the tongue.
How to use cetirizine syrup 10 mg /ml
Syrup cetirizine is usually packaged in a bottle containing a clear transparent white solution with a banana-like taste and smell. Certirizine for itching and allergies in the form of syrup has a variety of dosage strengths: a solution of 1 mg /ml and 5 mg /ml. Make sure you check the strength of your cetirizine dose before measuring the dose.
This is the dose of cetirizine syrup:
- Children aged 2-6 years : 5 ml. Can be given as a single dose once a day or as a divided dose given twice a day (5 mL in the morning and 5 mL at night). Do not give more than 5 ml in 24 hours.
- Children aged 6-12 years : 10 ml. Can be given as a single dose once a day or as a divided dose given twice a day (2.5 mL in the morning and 2.5 mL at night). Do not give more than 5 ml in 24 hours.
- Adolescents & gt; 12 years and adults : 10 ml once a day
Don't measure drugs using ordinary tablespoons. Measure syrup medicine only with a special measuring spoon /cup included in the medicine package. If you do not have a special device for measuring doses, ask the pharmacist.
How to use cetirizine drop 10 mg /ml
Syrup cetirizine is usually packaged in a bottle containing a clear transparent white solution with a banana-like taste and smell, which is also accompanied by a small pipette to measure dose drops. Certirizine for itching and allergies in the form of drop usually contains 10 mg /ml of cetirizine solution.
Please follow the dosage instructions below so that the efficacy of cetirizine for itching is fully effective.
- Children 2-6 years : 5 drops (half a tablespoon) twice a day, in the morning and evening
- Children 6-12 years : 10 drops (1 tbsp) twice a day, in the morning and evening
- Teenagers & gt; 12 years and adults : 20 drops (2 tbsp) once a day.
Cetirizine drop must be dissolved in water. Drop cetirizine drop according to the recommended dosage in one tablespoon of water. To avoid contraindications, avoid mixing dropped cetirizine with milk, tea, coffee and alcoholic beverages. You can also dissolve it in food, but the effect of the drug will appear a little late (about one hour after taking the medicine).
Rules for using cetirizine to itch
Before consuming cetirizine, read the information listed on the brochure or drug label. Usually in drug packaging there is general information about the dosage and how to use cetirizine. Do not use drugs in larger or longer amounts than recommended.
Cetirizine may be taken before or after meals. If you experience abdominal pain after taking medication, you should take this medicine after meals to reduce stomach irritation.
Cetirizine 10 mg tablets should be avoided by pregnant women. Intentional drug consumption by pregnant women does not produce harmful effects on the fetus. However, drug use must be stopped. Similarly, infants and children under 2 years of age are not recommended to consume cetirizine drop. Older adults may need to take lower doses than normal adult doses.
When consumed according to dosage, this drug usually does not cause drowsiness. However, you who are driving a motorized vehicle or operating a heavy equipment should be careful after drinking cetirizine for itching. Call your doctor if the symptoms don't improve, get worse, or if you also have a fever.
- Dry Skin Makes Itchy? Here's How to Overcome It
- Natural Ingredients for Expelling Itchy Scalp
- Very Very Itchy Feet? Be careful Athlete's Foot