Many people exercise with the aim of losing weight and raising muscles. But very few people care about their flexibility. In fact, training the flexibility of the body is also important to form a posture to prevent injury during exercise. It's not difficult to do this flexibility exercise, you can start by practicing leg stretching. Ready to start? This is the movement you can try.
Leg stretch for flexibility training
These movements are very suitable to do before you do the main exercise. For example before jogging, cycling, to do other cardio sports. Here are four foot stretching movements for flexibility training. Try holding each movement for about 30 seconds.
1. Quad stretch stretch
Quadriceps are a group of muscles in the front of your thigh. You use these muscles when you walk, run, or do footsteps.
Body flexibility exercises can be done by stretching the legs, thighs. Following are the steps.
- Stand with facing the wall, place your hands on the wall to maintain balance.
- Hold your left leg with your right hand, then lift your legs to the back, keeping your thighs and knees.
- You should feel gentle to moderate stretch in the front of the thigh.
- Hold this movement, then do the same movement for your right foot.
2. Harmstring stretch
Hamstring is the muscles along the back of your part, from the thigh to your knee. This muscle helps you to bend your knees and move your hips. These muscles are used when you exercise or run.
Your calf muscles are along the back, your lower leg. This muscle helps move your heels while you are active such as walking, running, or jumping.
To stretch these two muscle groups together, follow these steps.
- Put your right foot in front of you.
- Place your hands on your waist and lean your body forward toward your right foot, while bending your left knee.
- Slowly flex your right ankle so that your toes pull toward your body.
- Hold this movement, and repeat this movement on the left foot.
3. Stretch the inner thigh stretch
The inner thigh or inner thigh muscles help stabilize your hip and knee joints. Exercises that focus on the inner thighs are often recommended to strengthen your legs.
To stretch your inner thighs, try the following steps.
- Stand with feet wide open.
- Bend your right knee when you shift your entire body to the right until you feel a stretch in the left thigh.
- Hold this movement, then slide your weight to the other side and repeat with your left foot.
4. Supine leg stretch
This stretch serves to boast your lower back, calf, and ankles. All of these parts are used in your daily activities, and when you are running or cycling.
This stretch can be done as an exercise in your body's flexibility. Following are the steps to do this stretch.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Bend one knee and hug it to your body.
- Slowly kick the leg toward the ceiling, straighten and pull to the body until the tension is felt behind the leg.
- Align your feet towards the ceiling and stretch your legs three times in each direction.
- Turn your ankles in each direction for three turns.
- Lower your legs and repeat this movement with the opposite leg.
- 7 Stretching Movements at Home to Relieve Back Pain
- 6 Simple Stretching Moves to Relieve Neck Pain
- 10 Easy Stretches You Can Do in the Office