You want to go on a diet, but which confused diet do you want? Ever tried a low glycemic index diet? This diet is believed to help reduce weight and control blood sugar levels. Then what is the glycemic index diet? What are the benefits?
What is a low glycemic index diet?
The main principle of a low glycemic index diet is to choose foods or drinks that have a little glycemic index. The glycemic index itself is interpreted as the speed at which a food is converted into sugar in the body. The faster the food turns into sugar, the higher the glycemic index level and vice versa.
Foods that contain a high glycemic index should be avoided by people with diabetes, because it will affect their blood sugar levels. Therefore, a low glycemic index diet is indeed very suitable for people who have a history of diabetes.
Besides being able to control blood sugar, this diet can make you lose weight. In several studies it was mentioned that groups of people who ate foods that were low in glycemic, experienced a greater weight loss than those who did not care about the glycemic index in their food.
How do you undergo a low glycemic index diet?
If you want to go on this diet, then here's the guide:
- Don't eat foods that contain a low glycemic index that has a value of more than 70, such as white bread, white rice, potatoes, biscuits, and various sweet foods and drinks.
- Limit foods that contain a moderate glycemic index with a scale between 56-69, for example peanuts, peas, carrots, kidney beans, milk, corn, bananas.
- Add foods that do contain a low glycemic index of less than 50, such as vegetables, various types of fruits, wheat, and brown rice.
Is it enough if you only apply a low glycemic index diet?
For those of you who want to lose weight fast, then actually this diet doesn't really help you. Although it does have an impact on weight loss, but the effect of this diet is not as fast as if you apply a low-fat diet or other diets.
Then what if you want to lose weight fast by applying this diet? You can outsmart it by bringing together some of these diets into your meal planning. For example, you apply a low glycemic index diet along with a low-fat or low-salt diet.
This will certainly get you closer to the final goal, which is getting the ideal weight. In addition, combining healthy diets while considering your body's needs is the most appropriate way to get your fat pile away and your body healthy. Do the following things along with applying the glycemic index diet, if you want to quickly get the ideal body weight:
- Arrange with the appropriate schedule and meal portions.
- Reduce sugar, salt and fat.
- Increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables as a source of fiber.
- Avoid packaging foods and drinks.
- 6 Low Carbohydrate Vegetables for People with Diabetes
- Confused Choose the Most Suitable Diet? Find Out Through Bacteria in Your Intestine
- 7 Diet Rules for Women At 40 Years Old and Over