Just brush your teeth is not enough to clean the plaque and food scraps that narrow in your teeth. Another thing you can do is clean your teeth with dental floss, aka dental floss. Unfortunately, this one method is difficult to do if you are not familiar. If you are interested in trying it out but still in doubt, there is one other way you can do for flossing, namely with waterpik.
What is waterpik?
Waterpik is actually a brand of water flosser that is well-known throughout the world. Among the many water flossers on the market, Waterpik is the most famous because it has been scientifically proven to remove plaques in the teeth. Well, this is what ultimately makes many people know about flosser water as waterpik.
Waterpik is an easier and more effective way for those of you who want to do dental flossing. But unlike traditional dental flossing in general, which uses threads, waterpik actually uses special machines.
This special machine works by spraying high-pressure water to clean plaque and food debris that cannot be achieved with a brush or dental floss. Not only that, this tool also works to massage and stimulate the gums to improve circulation and keep the gums healthy and clean.
This method of dental care is easy and practical to use, especially for people who wear braces, implants, crowns, bridges, or dental veneers.
How to use waterpik
Before using this tool, it's important for you to complete all instructions and make sure you understand them.
Here are the steps you can do to use waterpik:
- Before using it, make sure if you have filled the water reservoir with warm water. Not only that, you can also mix mouthwash into this machine.
- Select the type of handle to be used. For example, the pointed tip is used to clean the dirt between the teeth. While the flat shape is used to clean the tongue, and the brush-shaped to brush your teeth as a whole like a toothbrush.
- After that, plug the device into a power source and turn on the power button of the device. It's better to start with low pressure and increase the pressure to be higher if needed.
- Start slowly cleaning the back teeth, then to the middle, then to the front. Don't forget to take a short break to rinse and throw away the water.
- If it feels clean, turn off the machine and remove the end of the handle.
- Then clean the unit according to the instructions on the packaging label. The reason is important to use the tool in accordance with the instructions contained in the packaging for the safe use and maintenance of the product itself.
Lack of waterpik as routine dental care
Even though it offers convenience and other benefits for your dental care, however, Waterpik also has drawbacks. Some of the shortcomings of this one-tooth cleaning tool that you can consider include:
- More expensive than using dental floss.
- Requires separate space to store it because it's not small in size.
- Requires electricity and water, so it's difficult if you want to use this tool outside the house that doesn't have access to electricity.
- In addition, this device is also vulnerable to damage if not treated and used with care.
- What is the routine for doing dental scaling?
- 5 Detectable Diseases of Your Teeth and Mouth
- The 5 Most Common (and Maybe You Have Experienced) Dental Problems