Are blood thinners in one of the medicines you take every day? If you have a history of heart disease or are at risk of developing the disease, it's likely that blood thinning drugs are on your medication list. This drug is useful for preventing blood clots that can cause heart attacks, strokes, and heart failure. This drug does make your blood runny, so there are some things that must be considered when using this drug.
Things to consider when using blood thinners
There are various types of blood thinning drugs, for example the most commonly used are warfarin or heparin. Usually, the use of this drug is applied to people with high blood pressure. Unfortunately, many patients do not know what conditions should be done and lived when using this blood thinning medication. In fact, these things are important enough to know because it can affect the work of drugs and body health.
Here are recommendations that you should do when taking blood thinners.
- Don't take drugs with excessive doses . If you miss taking medication, you should wait until the next medication schedule. Taking a dose that can also cause a lot of health problems.
- Avoid activities that risk getting you hurt and bleeding . The reason is, even though the wounds experienced are quite small, but bleeding can still occur due to being using this drug. For example, when you are going to bike, you should use a safe protective device to reduce injury.
- If you fall or hit something hard enough, you should immediately see a doctor . Although there is no blood coming out, the appearance of bruising is a sign that there is bleeding in the body. Bleeding can be fatal when someone is using blood thinning drugs.
- Replace your shaver with an electric one . This is to avoid injuries caused by ordinary shaver blades.
- Use gloves when you use sharp objects , such as scissors, knives, and plant cutters.
- Always wear footwear outside the house . When on the ground there is something sharp and then it can make your leg hurt.
- Use a toothbrush with a soft bristle so that the gums don't bleed easily.
- Don't take other vitamin supplements before consulting a doctor . Some vitamin supplements have interactions with these drugs that will have an adverse effect on your health.
- Also avoid using several types of painkillers, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen. These drugs can make your blood runny and cause bleeding. If you experience pain and want to take painkillers, you should consult with your doctor about which types of drugs are safe for you to consume.
Food can also be a barrier to the work of blood thinners
Some types of food can actually inhibit and affect the work of blood thinning drugs. Usually, this happens to foods that contain lots of vitamin K. In the body, vitamin K plays an important role in the blood clotting process. This then makes you better avoid foods with high vitamin K such as:
Meanwhile, other types of vegetables are safe for consumption and can replace the position of vegetables with lots of vitamin K.
- Preventive Tips For Increased Blood Pressure Not To Be Hypertensive
- Tips for Returning to Work after a Heart Attack
- Is it true that saturated fat can increase the risk of heart disease?